Metaverse has all of the features to create augmented reality Breakouts, puzzles and Geocaches! The most basic is an Experience that gives a user a set of clues and then asks for a password. Watch the video below to learn how to build a basic puzzle.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Create a new Experience and give it a title
- Configure your Character Scene by adding dialogue, a character and a button. Typically this Scene sets up the story/riddle that a user will have to solve.
- Add a button to transition to the next Scene
- Add a new Scene with three buttons: Crack the code, Clues and Exit. Crack the code will transition to a text input Scene where a user can type the code. Clues will show the user a series of images using character scenes. Exit will end the Experience if a user gives up.
- Add a text input Scene and transition that Scene to a Text Block that will check if a user entered the right code.
- Add two Character Scenes for if a user entered the right code and if a they entered the wrong code.
- End the Experience on the correct code Scene by adding a button and choosing “End Experience” as the transition.
- Transition the incorrect response scene back to the main puzzle Scene (the Scene that presents three options: crack the code, clues and exit).
- Add three Character Scenes for clues. These Scenes will only have a character and buttons.
- Choose images to use as clues and import them into each of the Character Scenes.
- Transition the “Clues” button to the first transition Scene and transition subsequent clue Scenes together.
- Transition the last clue Scene back to the main puzzle Scene.
Remix this Experience by adding multiple codes, digital items, timers instead of buttons, placing it at a location, add video/photo clues, embed websites and SO much more!
Teachers consider turning physical Breakout boxes into digital ones, or add a AR Breakout to a physical Breakout box.