The Coin Flip Block will use 50/50 (heads or tails) probability to determine where a user transitions in your Experience.
The Simple Probability Block lets you determine the probability of transitioning to Scenes.
In the right-hand menu, set the probability of success. The probability will need to be a decimal between 0 and 1. Choose where a user transitions using “Check Success” & “Check Failed”.
For Example, if you set the probability to (0.85), then there will be an 85% chance for the “Check Succeeded” transition and a 15% chance for the “Check Failed” transition.
- If the probability is greater than 1, it will always transition to the “Check succeeded” path.
- If the probability is less than 0, it will always transition to the “Check Failed” path.
Check Dice Roll
The Check Dice Roll Block uses probability based on dice notation.
Understanding Dice Notation:
Dice rolls required by Metaverse are given in the form (AdX)
- A = the number of dice to be rolled.
- X = the number of faces of each die.
- d = just stands for dice.
Examples of Dice Notation:
- 1d6 means roll 1 die of 6 sides. The probability of rolling exactly 3 is ⅙.
- 4d13 means roll 4 dice of 13 sides each. The Probability of rolling exactly 15 is 1/52.
Using Check Dice Roll:
- Click on the Check Dice Roll Block
- Enter the dice string (Ex: 1d6)
- Enter the Probability to test for in the Comparator section
- Set your “On Success” & “On Failure” transitions
*NOTE: The comparator allows you to test for conditions other than an exact number. For example, rather than testing the probability of rolling exactly 4, you can test for the probability of rolling a number that is less than or equal to 4, meaning (1, 2, 3, or 4)